Victor, New York Living in Victor, New York: A Classic Small-town Lifestyle
Living in Victor, New York: A Classic Small-town Lifestyle
If you’re looking for a small-town kinda-vibe, but with big-city amenities, look no further than Victor, New York! This Upstate New York community is located roughly 25 minutes southeast of Rochester and features beautiful historic buildings. The township sits in the northwest corner of Ontario County, surrounded by scenic rolling hills: The land’s heritage dates back to its first inhabitants, The Seneca Tribe.
Victor is a great place to live if you’re looking for schools that will prepare your children with the latest knowledge and technology. The town receives a 9 out of 10 rating from GreatSchools, a national nonprofit organization that offers information to assist American families in selecting the best school for their children.
This beautiful town is also the right place to be if you enjoy being surrounded by friendly neighbors. Or if you are looking to move with your family to a quiet and small suburb, because Victor has a population of around 15,000 people. This is one of the best places to live in Up-State New York with plenty of restaurants, Coffee Shops, and public spaces!
For those who enjoy spending time outdoors, the town of Victor is the perfect place to call home. Just outside the town limits are several golf courses and large nature preserves, making it easy to enjoy the fresh air. And with Rochester so close by, residents can take advantage of the city’s shopping, dining, and cultural attractions.
If you have never been to Victor, we recommend going to check it out and see for yourself why people enjoy it so much! As usual, our RPP Sold Team selected a few places of interest that will amaze you!
- Eastview Mall: Eastview is a super-regional shopping center located less than a mile off New York State Thruway Exit 45 and Route 490. The mall is located near the Finger Lakes wine region, the second-largest wine-producing region in the U.S. Eastview truly caters to the upscale fashion clientele with more than thirty stores that are unique to the market. Shoppers can enjoy a bite to eat in the food court, which features nearly a dozen restaurants.
- Parkview Fairways Golf Course: This is a stunning Golf Course with a sizable 18-hole course with a total length of 6800 yards, as well as a serene park with two 35-acre ponds. Players of all skill levels will have fun, from novices to experts. Additionally, they have a 9.5-acre driving range where you can practice your swing or try out new clubs and balls. The Parkview Fairways Golf Course is situated away from busy streets and apartment buildings, allowing you to play golf in peace.
- Boughton Park: This park has a tranquil setting and welcoming atmosphere in all of its 56 acres in size. It contains ponds, walking trails, and wooded areas. You can also go kayaking, fishing, hiking, and have a lovely picnic, or use this location for some lovely family or couple photos! Or simply enjoy exploring and admiring the breathtaking lake views.
- Ganondagan State Historic Site: This is a National Historic Landmark. It is the only New York State Historic Site with a Native American theme that was developed and interpreted, and it is the only Seneca town in the country. A peaceful Seneca town from the 17th century once stood on 569 acres at the location now known as Ganondagan. The Seneca people’s culture, art, agriculture, and system of government had an impact on how we currently understand equality, democracy, women’s rights, the environment, and healthy eating.
- Otto Tomotto’s: This restaurant allows you to enjoy dining out while also putting you at ease and giving you the impression that you are at home. Though more importantly, it feels cozy and has a casual vibe. The menu consists of a variety of dishes that are all original but have been given “Otto Tomotto’s” special touch. At Otto Tomotto’s, everything is made from scratch with the best ingredients and seasonal produce.
Whether you’re a nature lover or a city slicker, Victor has something to offer everyone. Come see for yourself why Webster is such a great place to call home!